Intel i8xx watchdog driver

Wm. Daryl Hawkins dhawkins at tamu.edu
Thu Mar 25 08:29:35 PST 2004

I've written a driver for the Intel i8xx TCO watchdog timer for both FreeBSD-CURRENT and FreeBSD-STABLE.  This is my first driver and it's only seen limited testing, so proceed with caution!  The FreeBSD-CURRENT package contains a loadable kernel module and was written to work with Poul-Henning Kamp's watchdog driver model.  The FreeBSD-STABLE package contains both the loadable kernel module and a userland daemon.

I've tested it with 4.9, 5.2.1, and CURRENT on a Supermicro P4SGE motherboard and would be grateful for any suggestions, comments, bug reports, or complaints!  :)

If there is sufficient interest (and once I've gotten some comment on the structure and inner workings of this driver), I'd also like to write a driver for the AMD-8000 series chipset.  You can get the driver at: http://freebsd.tamu.edu/wdog/

-- Daryl

Daryl Hawkins
Network Systems
Texas A&M University