GCC include files conundrum.

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Sun Mar 14 17:55:30 PST 2004

>>>>> "Craig" == Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> writes:

Craig> You have a few options:

Craig> (1) Learn enough C++ so that you can apply the necessary
Craig> patches to fix audio/tclmidi so that it compiles with Standard
Craig> C++ headers (such as <sstream>).

Craig> (2) gcc 3.3 has /usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/strstream, so you
Craig> may want to try #include <backward/sstream> an see if that
Craig> works, but chances are if it doesn't work, you will be out of
Craig> luck, since it is a deprecated header that the GCC developers
Craig> are not too interested in supporting.

I'll ignore the condescending tone for a momment.  It's worth noting
that everything works by simply having a copy of strstream.h in the
backward directory.  Maybe the right path to take here is to include
that file much as we include old versions of shared libraries.

Dave.