HEADSUP!!! USB MFC committed..

Yoshihiko Sarumaru mistral at imasy.or.jp
Thu Mar 11 09:33:50 PST 2004

Hi akiyama san,

unfortunately, It couldn't help me.

With KMODDEPS, DDB said:
Stopped at usbd_get_string+0x15: movl 0(%eax), %eax)
db> trace
usbd_get_string(.....)
usbd_devinfo_vp(.....)
usbd_devinfo(.....)
ugen_attach(.....)
DEVICE_ATTACH(.....)
device_probe_and_attach(.....) at ...
usbd_probe_and_attach(.....) at ...
usbd_new_device(.....) at ...
(snip)

Without KMODEPS, I had been seen:
Stopped at usbd_get_interface_descriptor+0x6: movl 0x4(%eax),%eax
db> trace
usbd_get_interface_descriptor(1,6,....) at usbd_get_interface_descriptor+0x6
umodem_match(.....) at umodem_match+0x24
DEVICE_PROBE(.....) at DEVICE_PROBE+0x2e
device_probe_child(.....) at ...
device_probe_and_attach(.....) at ...
usbd_probe_and_attach(.....) at ...
usbd_new_device(.....) at ...
(snip)

I don't know what is different between two above situation.

By the way, I found it would always panic with latter panic
message  when I load kernel-without-usb + usb.ko + ucom.ko +
umodem.ko then boot although I didn't plugged any umodem devices.

--
Yoshihiko Sarumaru
mail: mistral at imasy.or.jp       web: http://www.imasy.or.jp/~mistral/