Fw: 5.2 / 5.2.1 Highpoint 374 RAID 5 driver support

Robert Eckardt Robert.Eckardt at Robert-Eckardt.de
Wed Mar 10 06:17:43 PST 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:49:39 -0000, Steven Hartland wrote
> I'm looking to get the 374 working with  5.2 / 5.2.1 does anyone have
> any info on this. Highpoint have a driver for all the old version but
> no source / 5.2 download. Can we get the source or is their an
> alternative.
>
>    Steve

Hi Steve,

there should be basic support in the ATA-driver. (For the 372 there is.)

However, it does not support initial synchronization of two disks and
the handling in case of an error is very limited.
You either have to start using an already existing array or resync using
some BIOS tool. Later, the driver does not care whether the content of
the RAID is identical or not.

Robert