Equalizer

jhoder at bu.edu jhoder at bu.edu
Tue Mar 9 15:39:17 PST 2004

i'm interested is learning more about freebsd's digital audio functionality,
and in particular, i'm interested in developing a graphic audio equalizer which
could be run from the command line, but allowing greater control than the
stock "mixer" bass and treble functions.

would someone explain to me where, for example, the bass and treble controls
get their frequency range values?  which source files (besides "soundcard.h")
need modification to accomplish something like this?  forgive my ignorance.
i'm new to writing and compiling code but not to the audio world.  with some
initial guidance, i'm sure i could make a contribution.

thanks in advance,

john