HEADSUP!!! USB MFC committed..

Shunsuke Akiyama akiyama at jp.FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 10 05:18:12 PST 2004

Hi, Sarumaru-san.

At Mon, 8 Mar 2004 01:38:07 +0900,
Yoshihiko Sarumaru wrote:

> I report you about a USB problem that would be occur with my
> laptop after you MFC'ed USB stuff.
>
> With GENERIC kernel, it is fine and there are no changes from
> before, but with no usb kernel + usb.ko + umass.ko, it would be
> panic everytime on boot.
>
> It is not depend on umass. The panic would be happen when I
> didn't load umass.ko but ucom.ko + umodem.ko and plug USB modem
> (PHS phone).

I reproduced this panic, and tracked this down.
This is a kernel module dependency problem.

Please try attached patch, and let me know the result.
If this patch fix your problem, I'll commit this.
--
Shunsuke Akiyama
akiyama at jp.FreeBSD.org