add cvs -W option to disable -R/CVSREADONLYFS

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 9 04:33:47 PST 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:17:34 +0900 (JST)
Norikatsu Shigemrua <nork at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >Synopsis:	add cvs -W option to disable -R/CVSREADONLYFS
> 	I added a feature which is to nagate a effect of -R/CVSREADONLYFS
> 	to cvs as -W option.  Please review and commit.

	Although I am checkout-ing well by using cvs -R in ~/.cvsrc,
	when I want to commit, It is prevented by -R.  So I wanted to
	disable this feature.  Although control by the environment
	variable CVSREADONLYFS was also considered, honestly it is
	troublesome.

	I was pointed out by some people.
	1. What to control by alias?  Yes, I forgot it.  But I think
	   it is troublesome.
	2. There is a different from -R -W and -W -R.  Is this OK?
	3. This patch is not commited by cvshome.  So you should
	   avoid description of -W option?  I think so.