Standard sbc and pcm support in GENERIC kernel?

Avleen Vig lists-freebsd at silverwraith.com
Fri Mar 5 19:03:11 PST 2004

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 09:58:52PM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> > All the have to do is look at the handbook. And if they can't find the
> > link on the *front page* of freebsd.org, under the clearly labelled
> > catagory of "Support", then there is very little we can or should do to
> > help them. After a point, enough is enough. If the user isn't prepared
> > to educate themselves, your attempts will ultimately fail.
>
> *That* explanation is vast difference to saying they have to read man
> pcm(4).  The difference is sigficicant.

Maybe if I say this here, having it in the archives will help *SOMEONE*
at *SOME* point in the future :-)
95% of the questions I see asked about FreeBSD can be answered by
reading the Handbook (http://freebsd.org/handbook/)

Everyone newbie with a problem should first go there. Hell I'm not even
a newbie (haven't been for almost 7 years) but I still go there.

--
Avleen Vig
Systems Administrator