Standard sbc and pcm support in GENERIC kernel?

David Raistrick drais at atlasta.net
Fri Mar 5 08:37:21 PST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Helge Oldach wrote:

> case b) "options PNPBIOS" in the kernel config and "kldload snd_pcm" =>
> pcm isn't recognized, but the other PnP devices show up during probe
>
> case c) *no* "options PNPBIOS" but "kldload snd_pcm" => neither pcm nor
> other PnP devices are recognized
>
> Did I forget one variation? :-)

Have you tried kldload snd_driver  instead of snd_pcm?  This should load
all modules, instead of just the pcm module.  Unless you're certian that
snd_pcm is the correct module for support for your sound card?

kldload'ing snd_pcm never did "enough" to make sound work on my systems, I
always needed to load snd_driver.

---
david raistrick
drais at atlasta.net		http://www.expita.com/nomime.html