Standard sbc and pcm support in GENERIC kernel?

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Fri Mar 5 01:09:25 PST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:06, Helge Oldach wrote:
> The issue with kldloading is that you still need PNPBIOS for many
> on-board sound devices. Which means that you need to compile your own
> kernel anyway, or don´t you?

I don't think I've ever seen a motherboard/BIOS where you HAD to compile it in
the kernel..
I don't see why kldload'ing is different to static compilation WRT calling the
BIOS..

(Then again I don't have any ISA hardware anymore :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5