Looking for static analysis tool to generate call graphs

Robert Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 3 10:18:29 PST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Zajcev Evgeny wrote:

> Robert Watson <rwatson at freebsd.org> writes:
>
> > Well, using a scary combination of grep, awk, a long list of "omit this"
> > regexp's, and prcc from cflow, I got the following:
> >
> >     http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/20040302-sockets.ps
>
> Actually it looks kind a mess.  Maybe use dot's clustering or ranking to
> organize callgraph a little?

Part of that is because things are somewhat convoluted :-).

I've applied some of your suggestions, as well as a bit more
noise-trimming and clarification, to:

  http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/20040303-sockets.ps

Hopefully this is somewhat of an improvement.  I also added some more of
the socketvar.h macros to my "hinted" edges -- apparently prcc doesn't
really do much with our large macros, and so I was missing some edges.

robert at fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research