[Driver WD1100] Compilation

Chuck Tuffli chuck_tuffli at agilent.com
Tue Mar 2 07:17:39 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 06:03:43AM -0500, thefly at acaro.org wrote:
> hello, i've got a question about the driver compilation. I finally wrote
> my driver, and i'm trying to compile it to test it. I tryed to use
> /usr/share/examples/drivers/make_device_driver.sh to build the whole
> stuff, but it doesn't work... Anyway I put the driver.c and the header i
[snip]

Try creating a Makefile similar to the other loadable modules. For
example,

MAINTAINER = you at yourdomain.whatever
KMOD       = mydriver

.PATH:     ${.CURDIR}/../../dev/wd

SRCS       = driver.c

.include <bsd.kmod.mk>

Then just type make. See src/sys/modules/*/Makefile for other
examples.

--
Chuck Tuffli    <chuck_tuffli AT NO_SPAM agilent DOT com>
Agilent Technologies, Storage Area Networking