Looking for static analysis tool to generate call graphs

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 1 18:33:45 PST 2004

I'd like to generate static call graphs from sections of src/sys/kern,
src/sys/net, and src/sys/netinet, and ideally, get an output that looks
pretty when printed to a (perhaps large) piece of paper.  It doesn't need
to be able to handle function pointer magic in structures (vnode
operations, socket operations, file descriptor operations, sysinits, etc);
I just want a fairly high-level graph to get a feel for particular chunks
of code spanning a couple of C files.  Anyone have any recommendations?
Preferably something that can actually parse the variant of C we use in
our kernel :-).

Thanks,

robert at fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research