regarding signaling........

pradeep reddy punnam prady_p at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 19:39:23 PDT 2004

Hi,

i am modifing my ../netinet/ip_input.c code so that kernel can inform a user process about the arrival of a packet, i want to use signaling mechanism for this , i know the pid of the process to which the signal should be send, i am looking for exact function that can help me in sending SIGIO to procss...
i tryed to use the kill and psignal functions but the system going  panic when the packet arrives...may be my use of the fuctions is wrong...
can i call a system call from the kernel....
somebody tell me what functions are suitable to call for such a situation....
thanking you...

--prady.