SPDIF capture device?

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Sun Jun 20 21:38:29 GMT 2004

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:56:25PM +0200, Ing.Richard Andrysek wrote:
> I've read your question about SPDIF capture device on freebsd. I am
> currently looking for similar device.Have you found such one? Can you
> access subcode etc.?

The Soyo Dragon Plus! K7V has a SPDIF input/output; this uses the
snd_cmi driver. However, I think some machine specific incantations
are necessary to use SPDIF mode, and I don't know what these are.

I have such a board but it's not in Desktop use (it's in my CVS server).

Some reverse engineering is probably needed here, but if the Linux
drivers support this and a change can be crossported easily, I'll
happily commit it if people have the means to test it.

Regards,
BMS