FreeBSD or other BSD for no-MMU ARM processor ?

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Tue Jun 15 06:28:24 GMT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 03:32:09PM -0400, Gary Corcoran wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a port of FreeBSD, or any of the
> other BSDs (e.g. NetBSD) for that matter, which will run on an
> ARM processor which does NOT have an MMU (Memory Management Unit)?

Your best bet would be http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/
Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with the ARM line of processors,
so it's not really obvious to me if NetBSD supports architecturs without
MMU's.  ISTR that there was a decision very early down the line for
FreeBSD to *not* support anything that didn't have an MMU.. or was that
even earlier, and does it also hold true for other BSD's?

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at sbnd.net    roam at FreeBSD.org
If the meanings of 'true' and 'false' were switched, then this sentence wouldn't be false.