suggestions ?

Saber ZRELLI zrelli at jaist.ac.jp
Wed Jun 2 19:32:58 GMT 2004

Erich Dollansky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Saber ZRELLI wrote:
>

>> Erich Dollansky wrote:
>

>>> If multiple servers provide the data, it should not matter which server
>>> provides it.
>>

>> I see what you mean , you are talking at higher level ,
>

> It does not have to be at a higher level.
>
>> when i mentioned Robust TCP/IP i meant TCP connections in the kernel
>> network stack level ,
>> the architecture you are talking about is like a middle ware handeling
>> all TCP/IP connections for a client to multiple servers.
>>

> Yes. The client sees only one TCP/IP connection.

I cannot understand how all connections can be fused ?

> It also does not see which server provided the real data.

if my browser is connected to google and yahoo , then i need to
distinguish what data is coming from whish server , so it can be treated
correctly ...

I think i'm missing something ...

>> the mechanism is something like buffereing data in the network stack as
>> prevention for eventual connection problem , when that problem happens
>> and is detected , the Net. stack will try to reconnect ( while buffering
>> the user data ) , once the connection is reistablished the buffered data
>> will be sent and the user wont notice nothing ( if the outage time is
>> not huge of course ).
>>
> It is a bit more complex because as long as one server is able to
> provide the data the client gets the data immediatly but the software
> must make sure now that the failed server does not damage data.

what kind of applications could use this architecture ( anonymous
servers multiplexed into one TCP/IP connection ) ?
looks like peer 2 peer , no ?