[Fwd: FreeBSD 4.8 probe error message]

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Jul 8 20:21:13 PDT 2004

In message: <40EDD1DF.30801 at vicor.com>
            Julian Elischer <julian at vicor.com> writes:
: Hi guys
: I have no idea about the pci probe/allocation stuff..
:
: I just put a EHCI USB-2 card into a known good machine and on boot
: I see the following error message..
:
: what does this indicate?
:
: I've seen this sort of thing being affected by settings on tha mailing lists
: but I don't remember what the root cause was..

You need PnPOS=no in the BIOS to make this work.  Sadly, many machines
these days don't support that, so you'll have to hack the driver to
allocate memory ala firewire.  Or you need to upgrade to current.

Warner