rapid file creation on snapshotted filesystems panics lockmgr

John Kozubik john at kozubik.com
Thu Jul 8 16:40:47 PDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, John Kozubik wrote:

> Rapid file creation on filesystems with as few as one snapshot on them
> will panic lockmgr:
>
> panic: lockmgr: locking against myself
> cpuid = 0;
>
> syncing disks, buffers remaining... panic: ffs_copyonwrite: recursive call
> cpuid = 0;
> uptime: 5m10s
> Shutting down ACPI
>
> (crash)

One item that must be mentioned is that this does not manifest itself on
the root filesystem (/).  It will manifest itself on all other
filesystems, though, and since my original post I have tested and verified
it on several other systems with different 5.2.1-RELEASE kernel
configurations and hardware.

-----
John Kozubik - john at kozubik.com - http://www.kozubik.com