Article on Sun's DTrace

Eitarou Kamo e-kamo at trio.plala.or.jp
Thu Jul 8 06:51:24 PDT 2004

Hi,

Avleen Vig wrote:

>They said "6 staff-years". This means if they have 6 people working on
>it full time, it took 1 year to complete. If they had 60 people full
>time, it took just over 5 weeks (technically, i doubt that would work
>practically).
>
>>From speaking to a friend at sun, I do know it took a long time and a
>lot of effort, and was *not* a simple thing to implement.

They may say so to add value-added. But I have never run it.
So I don't know what it is. They ought to finish Solaris10 itself before
DTrace...
Say hello to Sun guys.

Eitarou

--

***********************
	Eitarou Kamo

	Tel. +81 75 7035997
	Fax  +81 75 7035997
	VoIP   050 10585997(domestic only)
e-mail   e-kamo at trio.plala.or.jp

For business:
Feel free to mail me(above), please.

Donation   http://www.PayPal.Com

GPG FingerPrint:
032D FDF9 D27B 23F7 9A81 BF4C 626C FBAA BC3A 9895