Article on Sun's DTrace

Eitarou Kamo e-kamo at trio.plala.or.jp
Mon Jul 5 05:28:24 PDT 2004

HI Schultz and all,

David Schultz wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2004, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
>

>> This recently caught my eye:
>> http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9171/sam0406h/0406h.htm
>>
>> There are a number of good sounding suggestions in there.
>>

> DTrace is pure magic. It would be well worth your time to install
> Solaris 10 just to try out DTrace for a day. Keep in mind,
> however, that it took them several man-years to develop just for
> sparc64 and x86, so we're not talking about a port of it any time
> soon...

Is DTrace open source? I know presence of DTrace. But
Sun's products usually aren't open source especially OS
itself. Recently JS(Sun's COO and president) announced
Solaris might be open source in the near future. But he often
tells a lie, sorry this may be unsuitable, tells a something uncertain.

Eitarou

--

***********************
	Eitarou Kamo

	Tel. +81 75 7035997
	Fax  +81 75 7035997
	VoIP   050 10585997(domestic only)
e‐mail   e-kamo at trio.plala.or.jp

For business:
Feel free to mail me(above), please.

Donation   http://www.PayPal.Com

GPG FingerPrint:
032D FDF9 D27B 23F7 9A81 BF4C 626C FBAA BC3A 9895