where to get info to write basic usb driver for own device?

Aho K.F. Li thinker at branda.to
Sun Jul 4 06:53:02 PDT 2004

What kind of device do you had build?
A HID?
If your device is not with heaven traffic, you can consider to
develop your driver at user space with ugen(4) or uhid(4) at first.
And then, move it into kernel space when you need.
I had wrote a drive for a touch panel device.
Actually, it is a input device for XFree86.
I worked it with uhid(4), all my work was finished at user space.
It would be a good entry point.