XL driver checksum producing corrupted but checksum-correct packets

Sam Smith S at mSmith.net
Sat Jan 24 13:12:13 PST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Robert Watson wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Max Laier wrote:
> >
> > FYI: This was reproduced on OpenBSD as well (w/ ftp and scp):
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-tech&m=107494884327698&w=2
>
> Two thoughts on other things to try, with that in mind:

The thread on the OpenBSD list now contains a patch which
seems to fix the problem (for me, on OpenBSD, shifting data
by both NFS and ftp doing md5 checksums on the files at both
ends). Although it doesn't seem to turn off hardware
checksums (which is what I think it should do).

Regards
Sam

--
Murphy's revenge: The more reliable you make a system, the longer it
                  will take you to figure out what's wrong when it breaks.