Patch for MDMFS.C

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:58:16 PST 2004

Having wanted to mount a mfs file system with a specific user and mode I
discovered that mdmfs.c doesn't support such an option when called as
mount_mfs.

So, in a fit of lunacy/desparation I made a quick mod to it to provide such
support, by disabling the automatic compat mode if another flag was given
(it was either that or create mount_md).  I had to use -Z as just about
everything else was used, but it means that the following now works:

md    /var/spool/MIMEDefang    mfs
rw,async,-Z,-s256m,-p0700,-wmailnull:mailnull    2 0

I've attached a patch that supports this for people's thoughts and comments.
  I'm afraid I didn't patch the man page, primarily because it's been too
long and I suspect I'd break things.  If my providing a patch for the man
page is important then I'll see about doing that too.

I don't follow this list I'm afraid, so if you want me to see something
you'll need to CC me.

TIA

--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?