Bandwidth limiting for eMule ports

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Jan 21 21:51:00 PST 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 16:16, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Oops... sorry, I gave bad advise.  I'm looking at the code.  It
> recognizes 'K' or 'k' so your specification was right.  It's the 'b' verses
> 'B' that it's sensitive to, so if you say:  kbytes/sec it will think it's
> kbits/sec, and if you say kBits/sec it will think it's kBytes/sec.

eww :(

>     One thing I have noticed, however, is that the ipfw pipes seem rather
>     sensitive to configuration changes, especially if there are packets
>     already in the pipe.  I've never been able to pin it down.

Yeah, I found some hangs in situations like that (which I believe are fixed
now) so I turn the limits on an off by adding/removing the firewall rules
rather than reconfiguring the pipes.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5