Sam Leffler: Re: hey
oli at isnic.is
Wed Jan 21 07:20:42 PST 2004
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> The /dev/crypto testing program in FreeBSD, like in NetBSD, was
> derived from a test program which I never published with a free
> license. It has now been deleted from the NetBSD tree as well.
I'm just curious but when looking at the source I see the following
in the crypto.c file:
* The author of this code is Angelos D. Keromytis (angelos at cis.upenn.edu)
* This code was written by Angelos D. Keromytis in Athens, Greece, in
* February 2000. Network Security Technologies Inc. (NSTI) kindly
* supported the development of this code.
* Copyright (c) 2000, 2001 Angelos D. Keromytis
* Permission to use, copy, and modify this software with or without fee
* is hereby granted, provided that this entire notice is included in
* all source code copies of any software which is or includes a copy or
* modification of this software.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
* IMPLIED WARRANTY. IN PARTICULAR, NONE OF THE AUTHORS MAKES ANY
* REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE
* MERCHANTABILITY OF THIS SOFTWARE OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR
This is in same as in the OpenBSD source and looks like a free license
Is that Angelos D. Keromytis not the author of this code?
Internet a Islandi hf.
Tel: +354 525-5291
Email: oli at isnic.is
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/attachments/20040121/8e3f0f52/attachment.bin
More information about the freebsd-hackers