Sam Leffler: Re: hey

Olafur Osvaldsson oli at isnic.is
Wed Jan 21 07:20:42 PST 2004

Theo,

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> The /dev/crypto testing program in FreeBSD, like in NetBSD, was
> derived from a test program which I never published with a free
> license.  It has now been deleted from the NetBSD tree as well.

I'm just curious but when looking at the source I see the following
in the crypto.c file:

 * The author of this code is Angelos D. Keromytis (angelos at cis.upenn.edu)
 *
 * This code was written by Angelos D. Keromytis in Athens, Greece, in
 * February 2000. Network Security Technologies Inc. (NSTI) kindly
 * supported the development of this code.
 *
 * Copyright (c) 2000, 2001 Angelos D. Keromytis
 *
 * Permission to use, copy, and modify this software with or without fee
 * is hereby granted, provided that this entire notice is included in
 * all source code copies of any software which is or includes a copy or
 * modification of this software.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
 * IMPLIED WARRANTY. IN PARTICULAR, NONE OF THE AUTHORS MAKES ANY
 * REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE
 * MERCHANTABILITY OF THIS SOFTWARE OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR
 * PURPOSE.

This is in same as in the OpenBSD source and looks like a free license
to me.

Is that Angelos D. Keromytis not the author of this code?

/Oli

--
Olafur Osvaldsson
Systems Administrator