Real Time FreeBSD?!!!

ogautherot at freesurf.fr ogautherot at freesurf.fr
Mon Jan 19 07:35:55 PST 2004

Hi Anubis and Den!

Anubis, I've "translated" the questions into what I understood.
Den, do not hesitate to complain if I had it wrong.

I would guess the original message was:
- what is the roadmap of FreeBSD (new features)?
  - (I let this one to authorized people :-) )

- How can a real-time system be designed around FreeBSD?
  - I've seen many people that knew what a real-time system
    is but they had different views... It all depends on the
    type of application and the allowed reaction time, in the
    end. What do you want to do? If the POSIX extensions are
    OK, then go for it. FreeBSD is a nice system!

- FreeBSD has a small kernel due to module support but
  how stable is this kernel?
  - let's say it's stable enough to serve as a secure Internet
    backbone and file server (that must say pretty much...)

- What are the current issues?
  - See the release notes.