FreeBSD 5.x source update and compilation problem in HP Vectra VE18 -- SOLVED

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Tue Jan 13 17:26:50 PST 2004

Hi,

Thanks for all who tried to help me.
I solved my problem replacing hard disk. It was 4GB seagate IDE HDD.
Somehow it was causing the problem.
I've changed it and compilation went smoothly. Some suggested me changing
the RAM, however RAM change
didn't solve the problem.

Below is my previous post.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I installed FreeBSD 5.1 in HP Vectra VE18 PIII 450MHz with 128MB RAM and
4GB HDD.
However I'm having problem compiling sources. Whenever I try to make buildworld
make stops sometime later saying some variable not found etc. When I check
that variable from source
it is somehow changed strangely something like: addend changed to adddnd,
else changed to dlse, INFOPATH
changed to INFNPATH etc. I did cvsup several times, also I used

rm -rf /usr/obj
cd /usr/src && make cleandir

command before compiling. I don't know what to do, I really need to install
FreeBSD 5.x on this machine.
I even tried with FreeBSD 5.2RC2, but same results. Also I first tried to
compile kernel , but it is same, no results.
Can somebody help me in this regard? What should I do?