PCI interrupt allocation question..

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Tue Jan 13 15:52:41 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 03:26:00PM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> The kernel includes teh ichsmb driver to try access the SMBus
> for temperature reading reasons (yes I know I can do it other ways..)
>
> Any thoughts that move me towards getting th eichsmb driver working on
> this machine are welcome.

Make sure that the mainboard really does support SMBus -- it turns out that
this is optional. The ICH docs talk about a bit that should be enabled in the
PCI config when SMB is present. I ran into this once, it should be documented
in the archives (of -current off the top of my head). OTOH, I didn't even
succeed in getting an ichsmb device probed so this might be something totally
unrelated.

FWIW, I had to try other ways to get the temperature (xmbmon & related). I
don't have the box anymore or I'd show you the exact config...

--Stijn

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart
he thinks himself your master.