binary files in src tree

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 12 05:53:24 PST 2004

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 05:48:19PM +0000, Colin Percival wrote:
>   While browsing the FreeBSD src tree, I came across a number of
> binary files (listed below); the regression tests are perhaps
> understandable, but shouldn't the rest of these files be uuencoded?
>
> contrib/groff/doc/gnu.png
> contrib/ipfilter/samples/ipfilter-pb.gif
> contrib/sendmail/libmilter/docs/figure1.jpg
> contrib/sendmail/libmilter/docs/figure2.jpg
> crypto/openssh/regress/copy.1
> crypto/openssh/regress/copy.2
> crypto/openssh/scard/Ssh.bin
> crypto/openssl/crypto/pkcs7/p7/a1
> crypto/openssl/crypto/pkcs7/p7/a2
> crypto/openssl/crypto/pkcs7/p7/cert.p7c
> crypto/openssl/crypto/pkcs7/p7/smime.p7m
> crypto/openssl/crypto/pkcs7/p7/smime.p7s
> crypto/openssl/doc/openssl_button.gif
> release/picobsd/tinyware/view/fbsd.png
> tools/regression/usr.bin/file2c/regress.in
> tools/regression/usr.bin/uudecode/regress.out
> tools/regression/usr.bin/uuencode/regress.in
> tools/tools/tinderbox/www/daemon.png
> tools/tools/tinderbox/www/valid-css.png
> tools/tools/tinderbox/www/valid-xhtml10.png
>
> Colin Percival

Those that are found in src/contrib/ and src/crypto/, at least, should
not be touched.  However, it seems likely that some or all of them in
that case are not actually used in FreeBSD.  Those that are not used
should perhaps be removed.  I'll put reviewing the src/crypto/openssl/
cases on my todo list for the next import.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   NTT/Verio SME      FreeBSD UNIX       Heimdal
nectar at celabo.org jvidrine at verio.net nectar at freebsd.org nectar at kth.se