beastie boot menu, 4th (forth)

Daniel C. Sobral dcs at newsguy.com
Fri Jan 9 13:06:11 PST 2004

Roman Neuhauser wrote:

> Here's the question perhaps more appropriate for hackers@:
>
> I looked into ripping the ascii-art out, but am quite scared. However,
> forth looks like it's an interesting (love/hate kind of thing) language,
> and I'd like to get my hands on it. Can anyone recommend good (or just
> any, really) introductory material? google quickly degrades into misses,
> and just a few even of those.

As someone has already replied, disabling the beastie menu is simple,
and requires but a single line in /boot/loader.conf.

On the other hand, I'd recommend cheking out the Forth Interest Group
web page (http://www.forth.org/) if you want to search for reading material.

And, yes, it's a love/hate kind of thing. :-) I think someone ported a
userland version of Forth as lang/ficl.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs at newsguy.com
dcs at freebsd.org
capo at the.great.underground.bsdconpiracy.org

                 In related news Microsoft Windows users are now covered
under the Americans with Disabilities Act.