Where is FreeBSD going?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 9 05:03:23 PST 2004

Hello, Doug!

DR> 3. Converting the repository. This is a tricky one - I tried the
DR>    current version of the migration scripts and they barfed and died
DR>    pretty quickly. Still, I'm pretty sure that the svn developers
DR>    are planning to fix most of those problems. From mailing-list
DR>    archives, it appears that they are using our cvs tree as test
DR>    material for the migration scripts.
  Did you try my (pure-perl) vatinat ``RefineCVS''?

  http://lev.serebryakov.spb.ru/refinecvs/refinecvs-0.76.783.tar.gz

  But, please, read documentation carefully before reporting bugs --
  many errors could be avoided with command-line options, sctipy is
  paranoid by default.

  Some parts of FreeBSD repository could not be converted, because
  contains revisions like 1.2.1 and other `I don't know what I should
  think about this' errors. If you have some good ideas -- let me know
  :)

--
               Lev Serebryakov