Chello blocking FreshPorts service

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Jan 8 07:51:17 PST 2004

On 6 Jan 2004 at 9:24, Dan Langille wrote:

> For some months Chello has denied smtp service from the FreshPorts
> mail server.  All queries to Chello regarding this matter have gone
> unanswered.
>
> $ telnet smtpgate.chello.at 25
> Trying 213.46.255.2...
> Connected to smtpgate.chello.at.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 421 viefep12-int.chello.at connection refused from [66.154.97.250]
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> This happens for all Chello domains I have tried.  This means that
> Chello users are unable to use the FreshPorts notification service.
> For what it's worth, this also affect the FreeBSD Diary announcement
> mailing list.
>
> If anyone has contacts at Chello, please ask them to look into this.
> All attempts to get this resolved have been blocked.
>
> I've heard many stories about Chello standards of service.  This
> situation validates everything I've heard.

I have had some information from a third party.  It appears that
Chello are using xbl.selwerd.cx as a RBL.  My research indicates that
xbl.selwerd.cx should not be used as an RBL:

http://mla.libertine.org/tmda-users/2002-11/msg00049.html

Anyone here using xbl.selwerd.cx?

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/