Chello blocking FreshPorts service

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue Jan 6 06:24:10 PST 2004

For some months Chello has denied smtp service from the FreshPorts
mail server.  All queries to Chello regarding this matter have gone
unanswered.

$ telnet smtpgate.chello.at 25
Trying 213.46.255.2...
Connected to smtpgate.chello.at.
Escape character is '^]'.
421 viefep12-int.chello.at connection refused from [66.154.97.250]
Connection closed by foreign host.

This happens for all Chello domains I have tried.  This means that
Chello users are unable to use the FreshPorts notification service.
For what it's worth, this also affect the FreeBSD Diary announcement
mailing list.

If anyone has contacts at Chello, please ask them to look into this.
All attempts to get this resolved have been blocked.

I've heard many stories about Chello standards of service.  This
situation validates everything I've heard.

cheers
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/