USB stack / configuration 0

Jay Cornwall jay at evilrealms.net
Mon Jan 5 16:44:38 PST 2004

Hi

I've just finished a patch to alleviate several panics in the ugen driver
(related to devfs issues and setting a USB device's configuration to
USB_UNCONFIG_NO). I'm about to submit to freebsd-current@, but I need to
clarify something first.

When setting a USB device to configuration number USB_UNCONFIG_NO (i.e. 0),
the device goes into an unconfigured state with an invalid dev->cdesc. How
does one then leave this unconfigured state and reconfigure the device to
accept configuration changes? (all USB_SET_CONFIG changes are currently
refused after going into configuration 0 - I'm not sure if this is the desired
behaviour or a bug)

All I can think of is unplugging/plugging the device back in. In which case,
why would we want to let users set USB_UNCONFIG_NO in the first place?

--
Cheers,
Jay

http://www.evilrealms.net/ - Systems Administrator & Developer