Update: PR bin/60636

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 1 12:02:54 PST 2004

On 29 Dec, Jason Slagle wrote:

> So I'm not the only one?
>
> After submitting a single PR, I started getting innudated with klez
> emails.  12+ a day, to an account that had never received one.
>
> Me thinks it's time to obscure the emails somehow.

That might not help.  I would think that it is more likely that an
infected host is subscribed to the freebsd-bugs@ list and is harvesting
email addresses from the From: header instead of something doing
periodic sweeps of the PR database.  I'd be even more suspicious that
this is the case if the spewage started very shortly after the PR was
filed.