kernel options

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Sun Feb 29 06:11:39 PST 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 11:36:56AM +0200, Danny Braniss wrote:
> > hi,
> > 	is there a way of knowing with which kernel-options a particular kernel
> > was compiled with (appart form the obvious config file)?
>
> In general, no.

I have read about an option to include the configuration file with the
kernel.  From my 4.9-stable /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT file:

# This allows you to actually store this configuration file into
# the kernel binary itself, where it may be later read by saying:
#    strings -n 3 /kernel | sed -n 's/^___//p' > MYKERNEL
#
options         INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE     # Include this file in kernel

Not useful unless you've used it, which is not the default case.

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan: http://www.bsdcan.org/