Sockets and the owner process

grinder grinder at pro.hu
Sat Feb 28 09:52:10 PST 2004

I want to create a small kernel module which logs the socket operations.

So in my module i have a socket structure, and i want to know
which process (thread) owns it. But the socket structure isn't
contains any reference to the process structure. If i walk through
the vnode table i can find my socket by the so_gencnt "unique id",
but the vnode structure isn't have any variables back to the proc structure.

Is it possible to get the owner proc structure for a socket?

Thanks,
Tibor Kiss