more info about KLD

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at efn.org
Mon Feb 16 19:37:03 PST 2004

Bin Ren wrote this message on Thu, Jan 01, 1970 at 02:04 +0100:

Might want to run ntpdate on your machine...

> I have two questions:
> (1) Is there any more detailed information regarding KLD in
> addition to the KDL facility programming in DaemonNews
> and in Architecture Book?

have you checked the kernel developers handbook..

> (2) Can I turn an arbitrary piece of codes in kernel into a KLD?
> Say, the entire TCP/IP stack?

Yes, for the most part you can.  Though you may limited on when you
can load/unload the code.  The tcp/ip stack may be a bit difficult as
it has interdependancies on other parts, like ipv6...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579