FreeBSD 5.2-current problem in Dell Poweredge 1600SC

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Fri Feb 13 10:20:53 PST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 05:42:01PM +0800, Ganbold wrote:
> I installed FreeBSD 5.2 on Dell Poweredge 1600SC. However FreeBSD doesn't
> recognize
> network card. It has onboard Intel Pro 1000 card.

You probably want to try loading the if_em.ko module. I recently installed
4.9 on a newer Optiplex machine with an em(4) card and noticed that
sysinstall didn't pick it up right away, so I put if_em.ko on an MSDOS
floppy and loaded it from within the 'post-install options' menu before
installing (somewhat confusing).

BMS