Obtaining 75k (active) concurrent tcp sessions..

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 03:09:35 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:48:13PM -0600, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> That was with a heavily modified version of FreeBSD, you wouldn't be able
> to hit 1.6 million out of the box.

What's more, the amount of content you'd be able to shift over that number
of connections and the overall performance would be pretty shocking. If
you're dealing with that many connections, you should be clustering. In
fact, even for 75k, I would suggest clustering your the app over a couple of
servers anyway.

That reminds me - it's a long time since I last looked into -cluster. :-)

--
Paul Robinson