the new send-pr web interface

Ceri Davies ceri at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 11 11:01:14 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 01:14:46PM +0100, Friedemann Becker wrote:
> hello,
>
> I sent a new bugreport via the web interface and noticed two things I
> wondered about:
>
>  - in the multiline forms it seems like there would be linebreaking
> when typing in the report, but on the website it shows as one long line.
> It's not very nice when you have to scroll around for every line longer
> than your screen width.

Hmm - I think that's a function of the browser more than anything else,
but would be happy to receive confirmation either way (and a way to work
round it if there is one).

>  - it seems to me that the bugreport isn't sent to freebsd-bugs
> automatically, although it may be that it could show up in a day or two.
> but since yesterday the bugreport is on the website, while freebsd-bugs
> didn't get a message. sending a message is important IMHO, because too
> many bugreports are unnoticed for a long time, even though there are
> sent to the mailing list.

That really depends on which category the PR you raised was in.  If
you're talking about 62671, then that's a ports PR and will have been
sent to ports-bugs at freebsd.org instead.

Ceri