Zombie processes not clearing (solution)

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 10 12:01:26 PST 2004

On 10 Feb, Steven Hartland wrote:
> Ok looks like this has been spotted before and its a kernel issue
> described here:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=bausg0%2416c5%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=13

If the kernel patch mentioned above fixes the problem, I'll commit it to
-CURRENT.  I never got any feedback when I previously posted it.

> I've made a 5.1 and 5.2 patch available from:
> ftp://ftp.multiplay.co.uk/pub/games/fps/battlefield1942/patches/FreeBSD/

I haven't been able to access that FTP server.  It always tells me that
the maximum number of allowed clients is connected.