Asus a7v880 mobo integrated sound not working

ctodd at chrismiller.com ctodd at chrismiller.com
Thu Dec 30 11:39:15 PST 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Erik Udo wrote:

> On FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE (cvsupped few hours ago)
>
> I haven't gotten integrated sound working on my
> motherboard. I should have AD1888 AC97. I almost got it working
> using the snd_via8233 driver.

Try using the opensound driver, it's free for personal use, you just have
to reinstall it when the trial version expires. If you like it, it's $30.
I tried this driver out because I have 8 channel sound, and it sees
everything on the card. I haven't tried it under X apps yet.

Also you might try installing ximp3-0.1.15 from ports and play an mp3 at
the command line. You can also `cat sndstat` to look for problems. You may
need to increase the verbosity of `sysctl hw.snd.verbose` to 2 or 3 to
find out what may be causing your problem.

Hope this helps.

Chris