Creating Compressed Loop FS from stdin

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Thu Dec 30 06:59:51 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 04:55:43PM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 04:20:16PM +0200, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > You don't check return code of the second lseek - I bet it fails. This
> > probably leads to creation of seemingly valid loop fs (i.e. with valid
> > header), but filled with zeroes or some random junk.
>
> I said I'd tested it before posting it the first time.  It works.
> It creates a valid loop fs, containing exactly the files that are in
> the input ISO image.

Errr.  Oops.

Sorry everyone - the patch does not really work.  I keep testing it with
a *file* passed on mkuzip's stdin, all the while feeling surprised that
lseek() works on the pipe... when there is no pipe at all :(

I just tested it with a real pipe, and of course, it failed.  Again,
sorry for wasting your time; I guess it'd be best if I tucked in for
the holidays now :(

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
The rest of this sentence is written in Thailand, on