Creating Compressed Loop FS from stdin

Matteo Riondato rionda at gufi.org
Wed Dec 29 14:15:47 PST 2004

Hi folks!

I think you know what FreeSBIE
is and that we use compressed loop filesystems for /usr and /var
directories on our LiveCD.
At the moment, to create compressed filesystems, we rely on
sysutils/cloop-utils, but I know /usr/bin/mkuzip is present in HEAD and
in RELENG_5 and would like to switch to that. However, it seems that I
cannot create valid cloopfs with mkuzip.
To create the cloop image, I use:

/usr/local/bin/mkisofs -lrJL $FREESBIEBASEDIR/usr | /usr/bin/mkuzip -v \
-o $FREESBIEBASEDIR/cloop/usr.cloop -s 65536 /dev/stdin

(similar line for /var clooped image)

Creation of the clooped images does finish without any error, but I
cannot mount it:
#kldload geom_uzip
#mdconfig -a -t vnode usr.cloop
md0
#mount_cd9660 /dev/md0.uzip /mnt
mount_cd9660: /dev/md0.uzip: Input/output error

Can you give me any hint? Perhaps I'm missing something in the creation
of the image.
I will provide further information if needed.
Thank you in advance.
Best Regards
--
Rionda aka Matteo Riondato