5.3 Release and Realtek

ctodd at chrismiller.com ctodd at chrismiller.com
Sun Dec 19 23:08:59 PST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:44, ctodd at chrismiller.com wrote:
> > The problem was that none of the snd_* modules were built, and I did
> > rebuild the kernel. Once I built the modules, I was able to load the
> > drivers. I think you need to add "device sound" to get these modules to
> > build automgically.
>
> No, the modules are built regardless of the kernel options you use.

In this case they weren't, not sure why. I looked in /boot/kernel for snd*
and there was nothing there. I did a `locate "snd_*"` and found them in
/usr/src/sys/modules/sound. When I did a make install, they were all
properly installed. It seems they just don't get built unless "device
sound" is specified in the kernel conf.

Chris