-CURRENT problems with WCCP/high load

Gaspar Chilingarov nm at web.am
Wed Dec 15 12:46:12 PST 2004

Hello!

machine panics under load (800pkt/sec, 600-800 kByte/sec traffik)

I got a dual pIII 1Ghz machine with todays -current, ipfirewall_forward option
enabled, several Intel Express cards inside. kernel is GENERIC with some
stripped drivers, witness, invariants, debugging etc disabled. compiled with
-O2 -pipe, no arch flags.

running squid with wccp2 patch, loaded modules -- acpi, ipfw, if_gre.

on another side is a cisco router which redirects traffic to freebsd box using
wccp2.

after running several seconds under the load -- 7-10 seconds computer panics
with in process swi:net.

kernel world compilation run without any failures or crashes -- so i'm sure,
that this is a software problem.

anyone interested in kernel corefile or not ? I can provide any additional
information if anyone interested.

please reply directly to my mail address, i'm not on list )

with best regards , Gaspar Chilingarov