nfs within jail

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Tue Dec 14 10:24:17 PST 2004

Matt> Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
>> On 14.12.2004, at 13:09, Matt wrote:
>>
>>> Quick question regarding nfs (or other filesystems) inside a jail.
>>> As far as I can tell, it isn't possible to mount nfs shares while
>>> inside a jail.  Is this correct?  Is there any way around this
>>> limitation?  A way to browse network shares without mounting?  Or
>>> some such trickery?  Thanks.

Matt> Thanks for your reply.  The problem is that I only have a jail
Matt> account on the machine.  I'd like to access NFS shares on the
Matt> LAN from within my jail.  I only need read access to the share.
Matt> It has been exported to me, I just don't know how to access it.

Maybe someone (Rick Maclem? heh) could write an ftp-like client for
nfs.

Dave.