Multiple IPs in jail

Justin Hopper jhopper at bsdhosting.net
Wed Dec 8 00:49:32 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 00:26 -0800, Aaron Glenn wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:23:24 -0800, Justin Hopper
> <jhopper at bsdhosting.net> wrote:
> > Two questions:
> >
> > 1) Is there any formal plans to incorporate the functionality of jails
> > binding multiple IPs into the FreeBSD base any time soon?
>
> Someone hasn't read up on 5.x...

I'm confused.  I've been running and developing on 5.x for a few months
now, and I'm pretty sure that multiple IPs are not supported (it's
always possible that I've missed something...).  I was curious if Poul
or anyone else had plans to put the functionality into the base system
in the near future?

> > 2) Has anyone used Pawel's multiple IP patch in a semi-production
> > environment?  Can anyone report any problems or issues that they've had
> > with it?
>
> I toyed with it at home without a single issue. Still, in a hosting
> environment I'd use 5.x

The patch from Pawel that I was looking at was "against-CURRENT", so I
was assuming that was for 5, and not some 4.x-CURRENT branch?

--
Justin Hopper  <jhopper at bsdhosting.net>
UNIX Systems Engineer